Specifially, to go do my volunteering at Cirque du Noc.
- I did some minioning for the head honcho, tonyawinter.
- I met some people I knew, and got to know some people I met.
- I bought a cool leather mask.
- I was impressed and amazed by the rope and trapeze work of the aerialists.
- I did a midnight to 2am shift as the door guard for the Masquerade Ball.
- I was amused but welcoming to the rubes, the mundanes, the slummers, and the swingers.
- I chatted a bit with the Obsidian Security folks. (They are an institution at events like this, and are recognizable by having UtiliKilts as part of their uniform.
After the Ball was over at 2am, I helped break down and stack the rental furniture, walked a couple of people out to their cars, and then hit 13 Coins for lunch/dinner/breakfast.
Since 13 Coins is about the only place better than Denny's that is open all night, and since the bars shut the booze off just before then, it turns out there is a 2am rush. I got the pantry seat, but didnt mind. Starving.