Log in

No account? Create an account
entries friends calendar profile My Website Previous Previous Next Next
Mark Atwood
Advice. New bottle lid?
The lid to one of my bottles of high quality foundtain pen ink has broken, as shown in this picture.

bottle with broken lid
link to fullsize image

Where can I get a new lid to fit my bottle?

Current Mood: inky fingers

4 comments or Leave a comment
paraventur From: paraventur Date: September 14th, 2005 12:02 am (UTC) (Link)

work around

I had this happen to me with a bottle of new skin. I unscrewed the rim and put the bottle in a plastic bag, wrapped a rubber band around the bottle below the screw part (to keep the plastic taut over the mouth), and screwed the rim back on. Cause this stuff sets with air, I used a zip loc so I could seal it into the bag. It worked quite well.
panzerwalt From: panzerwalt Date: September 14th, 2005 12:34 am (UTC) (Link)
my store has rubber stoppers that you can use. www.scienceartandmore.com
or try specialty bottles 340-0459
intrepid_reason From: intrepid_reason Date: September 14th, 2005 12:38 am (UTC) (Link)
Just buy a new bottle equiped with lid and pour it in. Wear gloves while doig this.
hipgnosis6 From: hipgnosis6 Date: September 15th, 2005 04:44 am (UTC) (Link)
The classic answer to that is authentic, too.... such bottles were once stoppered with corks. I don't think you'd be hard-pressed to find an appropriate sized cork at a craft shop.
4 comments or Leave a comment