- a big lovely framed piece of original art from jatg
- a humorous old movie novelization from Brent
- a jar of Atwood Chili Sauce
- a jug of cashew nuts (everyone else got peanuts, but no more peanuts for me)
- a payment on my debt (mostly the car loan) that I owe to the family "rich uncle"
All this was plenty and enough and to spare. I got more joy out of all from knowing the work that Jett put into the piece, and then deciding that I would be able to appreciate it, and the fun "aha" Brent must have had finding that book at his local used bookstore, and the fun it was watching pheonix_jade play with the glow-in-the-dark silly putty he got from me.
As I get older, I get less materialistic. At least for toys and trinkets.