- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
- You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
So, without further ado,
- Continued health or granted cures, for my friends, for my family, and for my felines. (And myself, as well, for when I shall need it.)
- Likewise, for Satisfaction, Joy, Comforts, and Pleasures, for said friends and family, and for myself as well.
- For Focus and for Follow-Through, on the tasks I set myself, and the skills I wish to learn
- A winning PowerBall lottery ticket
- A down payment on a house, and a house and yard I would want to spend it on
- For the moonbats and the dittoheads to both realize they are mostly idiots, and that they are especially idiots on the topics that they think the other side is wrong about. (And if you think this doesn't apply to you, it does.)
- For every islamofacist, and their fellow travellers, cheerleaders, and sympathisers, to either give up hope, or to die.
- For life, health, success, and gratitude to the men and woman who's asses are or have been on the line implementing the previous wish.
- A LaserMax for my Glock 19
- Some Lee Valley gardening stuff, specifically, a Self Watering Patio Garden, a couple of Planter Tomato Cages and the books The Garden Primer Really Small Gardens and Carrots Love Tomatoes
- A new Kakadu Traders High Country Drover Coat (in black, of course). My current one is just about worn out.
- A Shuttle PC, tricked out for running MythTV.
- A terabyte home storage device.
- Parker Vector and Parker Frontier fountain pens. (The rollerball Parkers are useful only as tent stakes.)
- Stuff on my Amazon Wishlist