A neat trick with MP3.com, USB storage devices, and wget
I like listening to music from MP3.com, and I have a new Archos Jukebox player. I've worked out a neat trick. This will work for any MP3 player that acts as a USB storage device.
- Mount the Archos on the Linux box as a disk (USB Storage Device).
- Browse MP3.com, and find a band.
- Right click on "Play All Tracks Now!"
- Select "Save link as" and name it to "playlist.m3u". The m3u files from MP3.com quit working after an hour or so, but that's not a problem.
- Create and cd to a new directory in the Archos
- Run "wget -i ~/playlist.m3u"
- This will suck down all of music on that playlist.
- Which can then be played at leasure.