15 Years Ago, I:
- was twenty years old, and working as a religious volunteer.
- was living in Alaska.
- was buffeted with crisis's of faith.
- was learning to live on my own.
- had already been on the internet.
10 Years Ago, I:
- was married for 2 years, and starting to wonder if it was a good idea.
- graduated from university, finally.
- worked for a small military contractor, and then a smaller network firm.
- watched the internet explode under me.
5 Years Ago, I:
- just about to turn 30, which hit hard.
- living in Boston, just about to move to Seattle.
- was very depressed and angry.
- on the home stretch of helping my spouse thru school.
- met a wonderful person who very much enjoyed being with, thought we knew that we could never be traditionally "together".
3 Years Ago, I:
- was living in Seattle, near Ballard.
- had just started taking piano lessons.
- had just quit at F5, I hated being a software tester.
- was separating from my spouse.
- finally found a therapist I liked and trusted who wasn't just some middle-class middle-America middle-aged straight white woman with a prescription pad.
1 Year Ago, I:
- had moved to Kirkland, to have a short commute.
- was working at Digeo (which I still am).
- had just started working out lifting weights with a personal trainer.
- was paying for chemotherapy for one of my cats.
- woke up after sleeping overnight in the parking lot at my workplace.
- worked til 7pm, logging 14 hours for the day.
- almost finished the project of the week. (I would have finished, if I could have done it all myself).
- washed the dirty dishes and dirty clothes.
- stayed up too late playing with my new computer.
- slept until noon, after promising friends I would come help them starting in late morning.
- cussed at ATTWS, `cause my cellphone wasnt working.
- drove fast down I405.
- helped them dump 1000 lbs of trash, junk, and yard waste.
- soaked at Tubs Seattle.
- wake up on their guest futon.
- enjoy homemade scones for breakfast.
- stick a needle into one of my cats.
- maybe work some more.
- go to bed before it's too late?
Top Musicians Lately:
- soundtrack to Moulin Rouge
- VNV Nation, "Holding On" and "Genesis"
- NIN, "Closer"
- Widelife, "All Things"
- random mixes on C89.5fm
Bad Habits I Have
- staying up late and sleeping in
- not doing things, goofing off
Interests at the moment:
- fiddling with my computer
- looking at geeky pretty people
TV Shows I Like:
- Clean Sweep
- Queer Eye
- Teen Titans
- Justice League
- Samurai Jack
- Duck Dodgers
Places I've Lived:
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Moscow, ID
- Houghton, MI
- Kings Mountain, NC
- all over AK
- Boston, MA
- Seattle, WA
My Biggest Worries at the Moment:
- getting time off work for all the things I have planned this year
- that I seem unable to make myself do things I know I can
My Biggest Joys at the Moment:
- my cats, they love me
- getting better. Stronger (gym), braver (skydiving), musical (piano and (bad) dancing), more outgoing.
- my friends