2. what book are you reading now? The Memory Book
3. whats on your mouse pad? No mousepad. Laptop. IBMTP600 with a trackpoint.
4. what's your favourite board game? Hard to say. I stink on ice at chess type games. The one that I've played most recently that I've enjoyed was Pente (which I also stink at). I look forward to playtesting jatg's latest rev of "Hats".
5. your favourite magazine? No one favorite. For news, probably The Week. For fun, ReadyMade. I used to really like Whole Earth Review, but's gone downhill (by becoming monomaniaclly gaia worshiping, instead of being the eclectic stewpot it used to be). There are no really good computer mags anymore, I'm going to let my sub to DDJ lapse. I get "Parachutist", "First Freedom", "CACM", and "Computer", as part of my memberships in the USPA, the NRA, the ACM, and the IEEE, respectively.
6. favourite smells? Vanilla. Almond. The living skin of some of my favorite people.
7. favourite sound? Total silence. Or the piano when I've played something right. Or the purr of a happy cat. Or the purr of a contented friend. The right beat when I need to dance.
8. worst feeling in the world? That I've screwed up, and let someone who depended on me down.
9. what is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Huh? Oh...
10. favourite colours? Black. Natural cotton. Dark green.
11. how many rings before you answer the phone? Two. Or how many it takes to find the handset.
12. name of future children? I've been partial to Dani and Alex. Don't even need to adjust must for gender. But this is highly hypothetical.
13. most important thing in life? True Knowledge. Knowedge of Truth. And practical applications.
14. favourite food? No one favorite. It's easier to list LEAST favorites...
15. chocolate or vanilla ice cream? Both. Swirled!
16. do you like to drive fast? Yes. Who doesn't?
17. do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No. I sleep with live ones.
18. storms - cool or scary? Yes. BOOM! Whoosh! Bwahahaha!
19. what type was your first car? The first car I picked myself for myself was my Cherokee. The first car I drove regularly was my dad's Izusu P'up.
21. favourite alcoholic drink? Blackberry Mead.
22. what is your zodiac sign? Pisces.
23. do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yes. Yummy!
24. if you could have any job you wanted what would it be? Post-economic dilettante. Or tech mogul.
25. ever been in love? Yes.
26. is the glass half empty or half full? Half empty.
27. favourite book: Utterly impossible to say.
28. what's under your bed? I actually just cleaned under there there. Controls to the heater pad, and a lockbox (currently empty).
30. favourite number? 3, or 7. Maybe 42, if I'm realy geeky.
31. least favourite sport to watch? Football, all three types. (Followed closely with all the assorted "hit a ball with a stick" sports.)
32. one nice thing about the person who sent this to you? Her drive inspires me.
33. cartoon character? Animated? Jack, the Samuri. Comic Strip? Jack, the spirit of Vengance.