So here is last year's.
1. Would you say that you're good at keeping in touch with people?
Not very good. One of the things I love about LJ is it makes to so much easier to remain connected to my friends.
2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why?
E-mail is good for it's immediacy and asyncronicity. Telephone (especially celphone) is good for universal connectivity, and for the sensation of a lover's voice. Snail mail is good for cards and special notes. Blog comments are good for their convienice and the comfort of knowing the more mundane details of lives. And meetings in person are wonderful and intense, but both expensive and, well, intense. It's all good.
3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it?
I run Gaim almost all the time my laptop is online, and it is connected to AIM, ICQ, and YM.
4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away?
Most are far away, but some are close.
5. Are you an "out of sight, out of mind" person, or do you believe that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"?
I feel both inclinations in myself.